2 TB of Chili Powder
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
5TB Dark brown sugar
3/4 Cup of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup of ketchup
4 slices of bacon chopped fine
Pulled Pork
Secret Ingredient: 1/4 cup of No 5 Sauce

fry bacon. Mix together ingredients, except Pork. Once mixed together, add pork to your liking. Once you got everything together, add 1/4 cup of No 5 Sauce. Heat and serve!

Betcha mine are better than your's.
icon_razz.gif

Baked Calico Beans
4-1LB. CANS BUSH'S BAKED BEANS
1LB CAN HANOVER BUTTER BEANS
1LB CAN HANOVER LIGHT RED KIDNEY BEANS
1LB CAN HANOVER CHICK PEAS
1/4 CUP MAPLE SYRUP
3/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 CUP KETCHUP
1 TBL MUSTARD
2 TBL VINEGAR
1 tsp SALT
1 LB GROUND SAUSAGE or BEEF
1 LB BACON
1 LARGE ONION CHOPPED FINE
1 GREEN PEPPER CHOPPED FINE

FRY BACON, PUT ASIDE. COOK ONION AND PEPPER IN 1/4 CUP OF BACON DRIPPINGS TILL TENDER SET ASIDE.BROWN SAUSAGE OR BEEF, DRAIN. DRAIN BEANS & PEAS. IN A BIG BOWL MIX MAPLE SYRUP, BROWN SUGAR,KETCHUP, MUSTARD, VINEGAR, & SALT TILL WELL INCORPORATED. ADD BEANS, MEAT, ONIONS, PEPPERS, AND CRUMBLED BACON. MIX WELL AND PUT INTO A LARGEPAN(it will fill up a lasagne pan) BAKE UNCOVERED AT 350 FOR 1 HOUR. Don't drain the Bush's Baked Beans. All others get drained). Enjoy Bryan (Edit we leave out the green pepper and use bob evan's breakfast sausage, white wrapper)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Spurling:
what is

" Secret ingredient : 1/4 cup of No 5 Sauce " ??

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. 5 Sauce

Not sayin' that my Hog Apple Beans are the best in the world by any means, but lots o' folks seem to like 'em, including several restaurants that are serving them now.

I keep finding it copied onto other sites on the web...
icon_smile.gif

-Keri C

What you guys waiting for? Give it a try and see what you think. They may or may not be the best beans in the world, but they are pretty tasty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">including several restaurants that are serving them now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keri C, I am serving them in my BBQ Shack. I have customers that come on a regular basis and all they get is beans. I am starting to get a complex that my smoking abilities are dropping.
icon_wink.gif

Ok these were first called "Best Beans In The World" which was a stretch looking at the recipe, they are now called "Black Powder Beans". Now I'm not saying they are bad, looking at the recipe I'd say they are a good run of the mill bean recipe, and I'll try them one of these days. But some of these posts, my first one included, doubted they were "the best in the world" since that claim to the recipe would surely have been printed somewhere other than here on TVWBB first.
icon_wink.gif

Back