Birthday rib dinner the "Piedmont" way

V. Roberts

TVWBB Member
Thanks to Jonny K for his pictorial instructions on the piedmont pan, I cooked my ribs with the 3 2 1 method however, I may have gotten confused and did a 4 2 1 but at any rate my http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j187/ValsQ/PiedmontRibs12232006-2.jpg ]Piedmont Ribs[/URL] was a success for my daughter’s 38th birthday dinner; as was Keri C’s Hog-Apple Baked Beans and her Blue Ribbon cornmeal recipe in wedges. No picks of those as they went too fast. The outside temp during most of the cook remained at 37°F with the internal temp mostly at 230 °F at the dome. The lower vents were one closed and two others at twenty five percent open and the top vent open. I sprayed apple juice every one half hour and an ample amount poured in while they were foiled.

I wanted to keep Keri C’s Hog-Apple Baked Beans original but had tried her recipe previously and only had Bush Vegetarian Beans and home canned apples that worked very well, however; her recipe is fantastic, it’s one I’ll use again. I needed to tweak Keri’s Blue Ribbon cornmeal recipe in substituting home grown, dried, cracked and ground sweet corn for the corm meal.

Val

Sounds like it was a good day for all. I still have to try a batch of Keri's beans, but they sound great, and so do the reviews.
As far as the 3-2-1 method, it doesn't matter if I'm doing B-backs or Spares, if I am going to foil, I go to the point to where I like the color of the ribs, then foil. Most times that would be around the 4 hour mark, and then only 1 hour or less in the foil, then back on without the foil. Seems like most time the past few months, I haven't used foil.

Back