big O'l butt

J Rector

TVWBB Super Fan
HelloEveryone

I'm doing a 15.86lb butt this weekend to take to work monday.It definitely will not fit in the cooker with out cutting in two .Has any one ever cooked one standing on end??I thought I might be able to do it that way so that I only have to monitor 1 piece of meat.Thanks for any ideas.I plan on starting sat evening and finshing up whenever its done on sunday.

Thanks for the help
Jeff

If youre big butt is in a cryovac, you may have 2 butts in it. If not, you got porky pig.
icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't know butts got up to 15 lbs. Is it a whole shoulder? I would think that if a pig did have a 15 lb. shoulder butt, it would be from one large, old pig (read: inedible except for sausage).

Well now that you mention it it might be 2butts in cryovac.It sure does look like one of the pieces of meat matches pretty good grainwise with the other one.They are cut in 2 so hopefully you all are correct.

Lets cook something
Jeff

Jeff,
It is fairly common to think that it is one big ol hunk of pork butt. Mustard slather them add rub , smoke em, and drink a 12 pack. They will be awesome!

You got the idea Dale .I'm gonna try that watermelon drink the other jeff posted a while back.Got some captain that needs to be let outta the bottle.

Have a great week
Jeff

Back