Big kid and Video games

Don Reed

TVWBB Pro
Last weekend I celebrated the passing of and beginning of yet another year and my wife and daughter gave me a PS4 console for my birthday because they know I've been chomping at the bit to upgrade, this got me wondering if there are anymore " kids" out there who play. Myself I like the questing games, with the unit they gave me the Shadow of Mordor game based on the Hobbit.

Shadows of Mordor is a great game. I love their nemesis system. I hope other games adopt that system. Been gaming since the the Atari days. Don't think I'll ever stop.

Ugh i hope my wife and kids get me a ps4, they know i've been fiending for my madden fix for a while now! Big kid gamer right here!!

I got PS4 and Xbox One. I haven't touched both of the systems since their release date. Mainly PC Gamer. If I don't feel drained from my 2yr old. I try to catch up to the latest games or movies/tv shows.

I do look forward to uncharted 4, Rise of Tomb Raider, The Division, Last of Us 2.

Most of the most anticipated games of 2015 have been a big flop.

My hubby bought himself an xbox one last Christmas but I'm the one who plays it all the time. The racing games for Forza are a blast. I'd love to get a PS4 but will probably wait till the next gen of that system comes out so I can get the PS4 at a great price.

I have a PS3, PS4 and XBox One. I don't play the XBox much but usually game coop games every week with a friend. Been playing the Witcher 3 and enjoying it so far. I like Shadows of Mordor but got pulled away from it and need to get back to it.

I play a little - haven't played any games since 4/30/2015 though.

I got bored with Skyrim, stuck in Batman, bored with COD, stuck in GTA,,,,, Saint's Row is a lot of fun, and I think I liked The Stick of Truth the most out of all of them.

Perfect Golf sucked (last I played it). Don't buy any games based on what you see here! Many of them are disappointments and/or late-night purchases.

I have a USB/wireless adapter so I use an Xbox360 controller with the PC

One of my favorite things about Steam is that any computer I set it up on, all of my games are there...most anyway...just have t o download them. No discs to swap out.....& if you put it on a SSD, they load really quickly.

6iBBa8zxbbuP3iqVA-bfG4zd3ff_G9eMymtq44Xc7us=w1043-h564-no

Last edited:
If you go through the house and take count I think there is 8 different gaming systems, I only own 3 of them. I got hooked back when the Legend of Zelda first came out and kept upgrading my Nintendo just so I could keep playing then they went and stopped making games for the Wii. Hopefully I'll get the hang of Shadow of Mordor soon and maybe stop getting my head chomped on by the zombies in Last of us, of course my granddaughter picked up Knack which is pretty good little game, I myself just can't get over the graphics of some of these games, my wife thought I was watching a movie when I was playing the other night.

Clint, from your collection. The stick of truth would be one of the top ones. It's hilarious. All the COD have great single player stories. I'm also stuck on GTA5. Trying to finish it before I start anything else.

Don, I got hooked onto Zelda as well. Never liked Final Fantasy. Played the series from Nintendo to N64..then got a 56K modem and discovered FTP. Played the rest through emulators/roms.

FYI, you guys didn't know. Origin gives out a free game every month. Mostly classics. Login and check the free game on the house. This month is "Amazing Adventures The Caribbean Secret"

Started out on a Nintendo and was with them up to the Super Nintendo. Once Soney came out with the PS1 I have been with them ever since.

Currently I have a PS4 and been playing The Last of Us remastered.

I really liked The last of Us and hope they come out with a part 2 and Uncharted 4 looks like another good one. I was doing fine with Mad Max until it came to the death race you have to win, seems I'm a bit of a lousy driver in races ... :) ...got one heck of a village going with my grand daughter on Minecraft, me thinks I need a Plus membership so I can play the free games, considering I've bought a few I could have been playing for next to nothing. I need to learn restraint and wait for the cost of some games to come down, Shadow of Mordor is half of what I paid.

One of my favorite things about Steam is that any computer I set it up on, all of my games are there...most anyway...just have t o download them. No discs to swap out.....& if you put it on a SSD, they load really quickly.

This is pretty much true of consoles nowadays also though tbh. I haven't bought a single disk for PS4, and PS3 & 4 use a regular laptop hard drive that you can swap out yourself. Really nice tbh.

I grew up playing mostly on computer... But got lazy about it. All the mouse and keyboard used to hurt my wrist if I played too much and all my friends played consoles so been on them.

I like the battlefield games for FPS, GTA for general messing around (usually just racing around the street and riding motorcycles up in the hills), and NHL series. Been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls online lately.

Back