Big cook, using rotisserie and grill grate at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulf Rasmussen

TVWBB Member
HI guys. On Friday, my whole team from work is coming over for som BBQ, it's our summer party this year. I'm thinking about doing two pork butts and some beef short ribs on the grate of my 22.5" kettle. I also have the rotisserie, so I'm thinking either do two chickens on that, or even maybe getting a second grate which I think would fit on the rotisserie ring (?) and putting some beer can chicken on there too.

Has anyone hered used the rotisserie ring as an extender like this? I've only recently gotten the rotisserie, and so I've only used it on its own, no grates in there. Any experiences you can share with me?

Hi Ulf, I think the UDS folks do it all the time so it shouldnt be a problem on the kettle. You can use foil to seal off the airholes for the spit. Good luck!

Thanks Lawrence. One question; what's a UDS?
icon_confused.gif

Ah, good one. UDS. I will remember that.

Had a closer look at the rotisserie ring yesterday. Baffles me that Weber haven't put in some holders for an extra grate on there. Maybe some bolts and nuts will do the trick? For when I'm not using the rotisserie itself I mean. Would turn it into a two-storey kettle, which would be fun.

I have used the rotisserie ring as a vertical extender. I was trying an experiment in #10 can turkey! As someone else posted earlier, just use foil to seal the holes where the spit would go. I have also actually used the rotisserie ring with spit and grill to do game hens on spit and taters etc on edges to either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back