Big Cook for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith H.

TVWBB Pro
Ahhlllrighty then... got the ribeye, butt and chuck...just checkin' in here as to procedural issues.

My plans<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>14:00 Sear RE (ala Shawn) <LI>Minion and put on Buttered RE w/ 2-3 chunks of mesquite<LI>**14:30 Already behind timeline...but RE is on w/1/2# butter and 3 golf-ball size mesquites (Sir Chuck is rubbed)<LI>**15:00 - recovered 1/2C of butter from foil covered sand pan for bernaise sauce later
icon_wink.gif
<LI>** 16:30
icon_eek.gif
RE came to temp way ahead of forecast...Foiled and prepping rest of supper.<LI>** 17:30 RE w/Smokey Bearnaise* sauce is TDF (for sure, for sure)<LI>19:00 check coals, restock if necessary.<LI>**19:55 back on track...Butt and Sir Charles are beginning their metamorphisis<LI>20:00 On go the Butt (6#) and Sir Charles (6.5#) "Set it and Forget it."<LI>**07:30 Dome temp down to 180° this AM. Meat only at 155°. Took Butt and Sir Charles out of WSM, Foiled each, in oven (350°), headed for 200° <LI>**11:00 Sir Charles still too tough to pull but great flavor and not realy tough. Pulled the butt. [/list] Will check in periodically with status and or pics...

Smokey Bearnaise Sauce
Knorr's packet using H&H instead of milk and smoked butter (reclaimed earlier from foiled sand pan after it had melted off the RE).

Keith...sounds great...wish I could get me some of that steak. I am going to the Improv tonight to see 3 comics from "Last Comic Standing". Jay London, Alonzo Boden and Gary Gullman are performing for those that know the show.

Tomorrow, the brisket and the butt hit the WSM round about 10pm! Good luck with yours and I'm sure I'll talk to you later!!

go Keith!

suggestion: try 1-2 mesquite only for an hour or so first time round ... I found it doesn't take much to get a strong smoke flavour on the steak ... you can always add more next time if it's not strong enough

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn W:
...suggestion: try 1-2 mesquite only for an hour or so <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
They're reeeeally small but will check bout 1530 and pull what is left.
Tks.

Yo Keith! I'm sure you're fat and happy now that you've chowed down that RE, butt we need a report...and pics
icon_biggrin.gif

Awright awready...took picture of leftover Ribeye. This was a marvelous piece of fork tender meat topped with Smokey Bearnaise sauce.
icon_eek.gif
Links are above.

Thx keith, the RE looks tasty, but my scratch and sniff cpu screen isn't working....how'd it smell. Guess I should have invested in Emerils "Smell O Vision" ha. Thanks.

UPDATES on timeline have ** preceeding times. In rush to foil and get meat in oven did not get intermediate pics (sorry all
icon_frown.gif
).

Small corner of butt happened to pull of in my haste. Must say that the southwestern bent I aimed for was attained. Have been reading about tacos and taquitos on this site and wanted the 'right' foundation. OOOOooooo and Ms. Keri's Chile Verde / Green Chile Sauce too, tambien, also. MMMMMmmm... it will be good.

Putting this cook away...final pics are posted. It is nice to know that even when the cook could have worked better, the result are still VERY edible and enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back