Better value today, Spirit E-330 or Genesis II E335?

Here is the other choice that I couldn't locate earlier. $400 for a great grill with the charm of an antique Jaguar, great cooking ability with its unsurpassed double-row flavorizer bars, and durability that has kept it going this long and will give you another 20 years with decent care and occasional replacement of consumable parts:

View attachment 69676

I also posted a posterity picture of the unused, new Silver C above.
Nope I want this red..or a blue in this older style but I’ve watched for a while in my area and when one seldom shows up it’s total junk. Also my knowledge of these old Webers is the same as my knowledge of the life cycles of the spotted four toothed hole digging frog.

Nope I want this red..or a blue in this older style but I’ve watched for a while in my area and when one seldom shows up it’s total junk. Also my knowledge of these old Webers is the same as my knowledge of the life cycles of the spotted four toothed hole digging frog.
Nice Genesis 1000 grills are getting harder and harder to find, even in the metropolitan Chicago area they are getting scarce. One of the nicest original condition grills I've come across, the owner wanted $200 for it and I passed. It got snapped up by someone and I've since regretted my decision to be cheap in that instance.

I was in Lowe's today and glanced at the Webers. I noticed that the Spirit 300 series no longer has a lid liner like my 2 year old E-330 has. Just another minor cost cutting by Weber that we are not supposed to notice. I liked it because the lid stayed cooler than my Silver B and seemed to retain the heat better.

I originally was a bit skeptical of Weber's GS4 burner system perhaps because it's a bit too early in the game for aftermarket parts availability. However, after owning and cooking on it for less than a year, I find it superior to any older Webers I've owned. The Genesis II mentioned comes with it. The Spirit appears to have the older burner system. That alone would push me to the Genesis II.

Last edited:
I was in Lowe's today and glanced at the Webers. I noticed that the Spirit 300 series no longer has a lid liner like my 2 year old E-330 has. Just another minor cost cutting by Weber that we are not supposed to notice. I liked it because the lid stayed cooler than my Silver B and seemed to retain the heat better.
I may be mistaken, but I think the 330 may be the only enameled Spirit that does have the liner. I have had 4 or 5 of the 330's and they always have the liner. I do recall ever seeing liners in any other enameled lid Spirits.

I may be mistaken, but I think the 330 may be the only enameled Spirit that does have the liner. I have had 4 or 5 of the 330's and they always have the liner. I do recall ever seeing liners in any other enameled lid Spirits.
You are probably right. I only considered that model of the Spirits because it had the sear station. Perhaps the liner was because of the extra heat.

You are probably right. I only considered that model of the Spirits because it had the sear station. Perhaps the liner was because of the extra heat.
That's my thinking. I have 3 Spirits in my garage right now, and I went out to take a look after my initial post. 330 has a liner. Two 310's, no liner at all.

Back