best meatloaf sandwich?

Mike M.

TVWBB Member
I think I may have made the best Meatloaf Sandwich. I smoked 16lbs of BB and a 3lb meatloaf(1lb fresh gr. sausage & 2lb gr chuck). Used hickory and apple wood. Everything turned out good. Had left over baked bean and slaw. I added both to make the best Meatloaf Sandwich.
I love pulled pork sandwiches also. How about any other sandwich ideas.

I am sold on smoked meatloaf. Makes great sandwiches. I have reheated slices and made sort of a cheeseburger out of them with tomato, lettuce, onion. Thats a pretty good leftover.

Ok, I figured it out, but BB can stand for many things:
1) Boston Butt
2) Buckboard Bacon
3) Baby Backs
4) Baked Beans - although 16lbs would be a lot!

Welcome to the language of q.

Really interested in the meat loaf idea. Now did ya lay it on the racks with out a pan? Or in bread pan? Tell us how ya did it for us novice quer's. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I should be asleep but NOoOoOo this thought is killing me. lol

When I did mine (1/3 venison, 2/3 pork, plus oodles of spices and saltines i think, and my secret ingredient, sriracha (that sweet, spicy Thai "ketchup").

I just followed the lead of others here and mounded it into a loaf and hoped for the best.

Gary, I started in a loaf pan for 3hrs then after it has set up good you can slide it out onto the grate or small piece of foil. It has a great taste.
Susan, The Thai Ketchup sound good.

The way I always make meatloaf sandwiches is just simply meatloaf, brown spicy mustard, mayo, and sliced dill pickles.

One time I used pickled beans-that was even better than the dill pickles.

For a hot meatloaf sandwitch, slice thick ( you can nuke then) broil till you get good color...The browning makes a difference.

When I do meatloaf, I use a shallow pan set on the grate. Not a loaf pan. Just create a loaflike shape and set it in the pan.

I just smoked my first meatloaf and followed the instructions on the cooking section. I used apple chunks and it cooked I guess about 1 1/2 hours. Probably could've taken it off sooner because it was slightly dry. The kids liked it and that says a lot.

I use a disposable loaf pan and punch small holes in the bottom to allow the fat to drain. I like to brush the top with a BBQ sauce about 30 mins before I take it off.

I use those disposable pizza pans as chris suggested in his recipe I believe.

The first one sat in the fat. The last time I made one I used the pizza pan but borrowed my wifes cookie cooling rack. It is one of nicer ones where the wire is thiner but is weaved in both directions.

It worked great but it was a little too long. If it had been a half inch shorter my smoker lid would have sat on correctly. The rack's 4 corners came out to just inside the rolled up lip the lid sits in. Plus the rack had some heighth which left slight gap all the way around. I ended up rolling some foil and making a gasket to seal it up and keep on with the plan.

All the little wire was a pain to clean up especially on the corners. I am going to have to hit big lots and see if I can find a round version of a cookie cooling rack.

The meatloaf was much better. Alot smokier. The Sammies the next day were extremely AWSOME.
icon_smile.gif

This would be a good place to use that new emotioncon that was in the just conversation forums.
icon_wink.gif

Edit
I just had to add that I have recently found out that I like smoked food especially meats. I have a little dog a Bijon Frioze. I don't know if I botched the spelling on that or not. She has recently found out that she likes smoked meats also. When ever I start cutting the meat she goes nuts. It is hillarious. She kind of reminds me of a cat with cat nip.

Thats kind of how I am about the meatloaf.
icon_wink.gif

Well the meat loaf was excellent and great smokey flavor out of my Smokey Mountain Big Block. Now comes the playuing time. I did use the BRITU rub instead of the other seasoning in my Better Crocker cookbook. Thought it added a little more flavor.
Now I have a cat who can hear the ziploc bag open when removing my jerky. Darn thing is addicted. It bad when you have to hide the jerky from your cat. Summer sausage or almost anything out of my smoker he goes bonkers.

Back