Best Grill Gloves

Picked up a pair of lincoln electric brand welding gloves from Home Depot earlier in the year for about $9. They were in the welding section, not the gloves section. I don't use them for handling meat, but they work for handling hot grates and what not for short amounts of time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john c:
I use to get those from Texas BBQ rub until I found where they got them. I don't think you can beat the price. Check this out.
http://www.labsafety.com/Best-...ted-Gloves_24547000/

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they lined and can handle the heat of the meat? I currently use rubberish gloves with latex medical gloves over them, helps with easy clean up and the heat of handling meat. Been looking at the TexasBBQ gloves for handling meat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brad W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by john c:
I use to get those from Texas BBQ rub until I found where they got them. I don't think you can beat the price. Check this out.
http://www.labsafety.com/Best-...ted-Gloves_24547000/

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are they lined and can handle the heat of the meat? I currently use rubberish gloves with latex medical gloves over them, helps with easy clean up and the heat of handling meat. Been looking at the TexasBBQ gloves for handling meat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Gloves in the link are the same one as Texas BBQ, They are lined, and yes you can take a butt at temp and pullit apart without it getting too hot. You will feel the heat but it does not get unconfortable.

If you order from the link, make sure you get the rough ones, I tried both and the smooth finish with a little bit if the fat on them and the but will just slip right out and take flight.

The only thing that is not good with these is that you do not want to pick up the great with them, You will feel the heat just as you realize you are too far away to put it back and cant make it to where you want to put it down.

I have the gloves below. They were recommended by Cooks Illustrated a few years back.

I bought them at a local ACE hardware store for about $17

Gloves

Tom

Back