Bent Rear Frame on Genesis II E-315

John Boston

Hi All,
I just bought a new Weber Genesis II E-315 NG Grill and was assembling when I noticed the rear frame had bends in the cross-member. It doesn't look right but I am not sure so I stopped assembly (on Step 5 of 55). Hasn't anyone seen this? Is this normal? I am anxious to get this assembled and start grilling!
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200526_184346.jpg
    20200526_184346.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 16
I have a call into Weber, they seem busy and have been tough to get a hold of. I am not sure if it will effect function as I stopped assembly when I saw this. I was wondering if this was normal??

Call Weber and stay on hold. Their call center staff is working remotely so things are not running as smoothly as the used to. Other tvwbb members have complained that if you leave your name and number when offered that option, Weber does not call back, so stay on hold. That piece is not normal and they will ship you a new one.

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. I got a hold of Weber and they will ship me a new frame in about week when it is back in stock.

They are sending a new rear frame as the bent piece is welded to the frame. Weber was very good and they said they will ship overnight once tehy have it in stock ... hopefully soon.

Oh, yah, hopefully it is back in stock soon. That is good they are standing behind it, but it is a shame you can't fire that thing up and get some burgers going tonight.

Back