Being Lazy

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
Finally cleaning the WSM after the big weekend Q. She got used twice, so she is a little dirty. Already getting dark here, so I put the racks in the dishwasher. Have it on high temp and pot scrubber mode. Anyone else do this? We'll see what happens!

I always put my racks in the dishwasher as the last step.

Step 1 for rack cleaning: Hose things down outside
Step 2: Scrub the racks with a dish sponge
Step 3: Place in dishwasher on high temp pots & pans cycle

Works great for me.

I clean my racks on my gasser.
I fire it up on high and then place the racks on it and charbroil everything clinging to them. Next I brush them off with a soft wire brush and then hand wash them in the sink just get all the rest off.

I'm with you Jason. I just put the racks on the dieing fire. Then I brush off the burnt bits and they're ready for the next use.
icon_smile.gif

I put them on the WEber gasser after it's good and hot and urn the crust off. Then, I brush them with a regular wire grill brush till their next use.

I was thining about the self cleaning oven, paul, but my oven owners manual said to take the racks out of the oven before self cleaning, so I figured I better not put my WSM racks in there. Not to metion I did not want to heat the oven up to 800* with this heat wave we are in!

Back