Beef Tenderloin advice needed

Bought a 7 lb. select beef tenderloin and am thinking I need to give it a little extra attention due to it not being choice. My questions are: 1.) How long can I marinate it for? 2.) What is a good marinade recipe for beef tenderloin? I plan on using Penzey's Chicago steak seasoning for the rub an hour before it goes on the grill. Gonna do the reverse sear method. I've spent a good bit of time searching this site and others and have not really found an answer that sounds right. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Are you doing it whole, or cutting into steaks? Either way, I probably wouldn't bother marinating. Get it out of the fridge at least an hour before it goes on the grill (longer if you do it whole), season liberally with Chicago Steak and then reverse sear. Maybe throw a chunk of wood on if you want something different. Instead of worrying about the flavoring the meat, I would probably make a chimichurri or some other kind of sauce to go with it. Albany is kind of a hike from here, how soon do I need to leave?

Back