Beef rib cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
I had a big BBQ day! I have been wanting a remote thermometer and needed a replacement for the top of my WSM. I went to a hardware store in Richmond and they had a weber digital remote thermometer, I didn't even know they made one. So I bought it, a weber charcoal chimney. I then went to HD and bought 48# Kingsford.

Now all I need was meat. I went to several grocery stores looking for beef ribs. I have wanted to try my hand at them. I finally found some at a little meat market here but all he had had been cut into individual bones. They looked meaty and I was hungry so I bought 15#?s at $1.25/#. I wanted some that hadn?t been cut but I had to get them. I need advice on how to smoke them. I have never smoked beef ribs let alone ?singles?. I have a rub I like but what should I do/expect in the cook? How long? How hot? I plan on doing this tomorrow.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Mike

Mike, two thoughts. Marinade and reduced cooking time. I have not done beef ribs on the wsm yet or singles. I have had good luck with lemon juice and apple juice for a marinade for ribs.

Update:

Singles are not the way to go! I put them on at 9:45 this morning. WSM has been chugging on at 245 measure at lid. The ribs have too much surface area for the heat. They started getting too crusty, so I have foiled them with some Apple Juice. They taste good but the texture isn't what I had hoped for...but I'll eat'em. I guess I'll just have to do some pork BB's tomorrow.

To me a bad day a smoking is two things. A lesson learned and better than a day at work!

Later,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back