Beef Back Ribs in Milwaukee

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I've been looking for a good source for beef back ribs in the Milwaukee area. I've never cooked any in my WSM, but I would love to try. I've seen them once at Woodman's in Kenosha, but the meat was pretty well carved out.

Anybody have a good source for beef back ribs in Milwaukee?

thanks!

Lee,

Have you tried Ray's Butcher shop? It is in Greenfield on Loomis. If he doesn't have them in I'm sure he can get them for you.
They always have great stuff.

Kirk

I've never been there Kirk. Thanks for the heads up, I'll give them a try.

Anybody else have good suggestions like Kirk's?

Lee

I just called Ray's and they do not carry them. They can get them if I buy a case. They also will not cut them becasue they buy rib eyes (bone-in and boneless) instead of deboning a roast.

Blast!
icon_mad.gif

I've tried Grasch's, Senkiks, Pick-n-Save, and Sam's Club with no luck.

I'm finding that most of these stores buy their steaks and never debone a rib roast. I may have to buy my own rib roast and cut it. I don't want to spend $60-$70 for a rib roast just to get the ribs. I have limited freezer space for the steaks.

Anybody want to buy rib-eye steaks?
icon_wink.gif

Lee - Give a Walmart Supercenter a call. I've seen them there, but they resemble the the ones you saw at Woodman's - a lot of meat whittled out from between the bones. But for the price (I paid $1.32/lb), they are worth it and are a fun & different cook.

Back