BBQ Ribs @ Laughing Sun BBQ & Brewery in Bismark ND

John K BBQ

TVWBB Wizard
I've been traveling a bit more these days, and will try to share some of the pics of my before/after work adventures. This week I had the opportunity to visit the great state of North Dakota for the first time. Thru the magic of the interwebs, I was able to find and try some BBQ at Laughing Sun - I had the spare ribs, slaw and cornbread and my buddy had the brisket plate. Everything was delicious - rarely do I find a BBQ place with ribs "almost" as good as home made but these were pretty awesome. Cole slaw was good and cornbread was really moist, almost creamy. By friend said the brisket was also very good. I'll be back to this spot someday. On the beer side, I enjoyed a few of their I ❤️ ND golden ales which really hit the spot. I've included a bonus sunrise pic and some street art as well.

ribs - laughing sun.jpg

Sunrise on the plains - as a Missouri Ozark native, I find the views in the great plains very impressive - not used to 1,000 miles of visibility!

sunrise.jpg

Not sure which famous native american chief this is supposed to be, but this was some impressive street art.

street art.jpg

Back