BBQ Joint Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Small

TVWBB Fan
With two teenage daughters, both involved in sports and other things, my wife and I dont get too much time away just the two of us.

Well, tonight we went to Charlottesville VA for some shoping. We decided that there were plenty of leftovers in the fridge for the kids. So where to go for dinner?

We decided to try a place called "Wolfies". I had the bbq sandwich sampler. I got a choice of three meats to choose. I got the italian sausage, the "Carolina BBQ" and the brisket. My wife got the appetiser plater.

The sausage was dry, the bbq was "so-so" and the brisket was edable. The big bonus was the sauces. Wolfies has some good sauces. I liked the "hot" the best.

The wings on the appetiser plate were good. The ribs were pre boiled and the onion rings were great.

I did get a tour of the smoker. They use the "Ole Smokie" with the rotis. Nice smoker! Over all it was just okay. For those who dont "know" Q, I guess they may enjoy it. For me, I do much better.

For my money, I should have gone to Out Back.
Bill

Well that just makes me all the more willing to NOT take any shortcuts when I eventually open up my joint......

Big Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back