BBQ Guru Questions

John Vale

TVWBB Fan
I have been using the WSM for about a year now. After learning the basics, I have discovered that I very much like the cooking aspects of BBQ, but I don't really enjoy all the time and attention it takes to keep the smoker temperature in the desired range. So, I plan to solve the problem by getting a BBQ Guru Competitor unit with the 10 CFM fan.

Questions:

a) Which accessories should I buy ?

b) I have a Maverick ET-73 digital thermometer - can or should I use it together with the Guru ?

Any helpful hints for using the Guru will be appreciated.

Thanks

John

Get a BBQ Guru 'Smoking Jacket' for your WSM - expensive but worth it. I've had mine over a year and have NEVER had a problem from the cold, or more importantly, the wind with the Jacket on.

Also, I would buy two sets of the eylets they sell to replace the bolts that hold the rack holders, as they allow you to run your thermocouple wires through them.

While I'm at it, an extra set of thermocouples to have "just in case". I've never had a problem with mine but if I should, I have a spare set.

And last - but far from least - get yourself a Therma-Pen. Another one of those expensive, yet WORTH EVERY CENT items that I consider to be essential.

Back