BBQ Comp at MN Ren Fest

Good luck out there tomorrow Shawn. We had a rough day today. Placed 7th out of 12. No calls, tied for 4th in pork though. The rain and wind this morning sucked pretty bad. Some bigger teams that have quite a bit more experience than us today.

Yeah when I was out and about yesterday in that wind and rain I was feeling you for you man. You did good if this is one of your first comps. I hope to not come in last is all. Just finishing packing up and about to head out. Will post tonight how I did.

So today we did have great weather and there were only 8 teams competing. They announced chicken first and the two teams selling food and another team took the top three spots. In ribs category one of the food vendor teams, a sauce vendor and the same team that took first in chicken took first in ribs. They started announcing pork loin it was two of those four teams for second and third but then I was shocked when I got called for 1st in pork loin. It turned out I did do horrible in chicken as I thought, 7th, but I only missed tieing third place ribs by 1 point and was only two points behind the reserved grand champion. What a surprise for the day! It was fun but still not sure if I will do it next year. I will dang well show off my trophy to everyone I know though!

Yeah it is very cool and such a big surprise. I reviewed the scores and I did better in most categories than I realized. In chicken it looks like about half of my pieces must not have been nearly as good as the other half with how varied the scores were. Still was a fun day.

Back