BBQ Cart / worksurface

Matthew Appler

TVWBB Super Fan
Does anyone have a recommendation for a BBQ cart / work surface for outdoors? I haven't found anyone currently selling one in the stores. I don't need anything with storage (i have that worked out), just a place to work on when preparing and cooking on the grill and smoker.

Thanks,
-Matt

I have two, depending on my mood - a stainless steel cafeteria cart purloined from our cafeteria's cull pile (with bottom, middle, and top shelves), and a 4' adjustable leg Lifetime table. When the table is at its highest setting, the cart is of a height that it conveniently slides right under the table. Both go to comps with me, thus giving me the taller worktable and essentially two shelves underneath, with room on the top shelf of the cart and under the table surface for a couple of sheet pans and a cutting board. I'll shoot a picture and add in here later this evening for you.

Most of the big box home centers offer the
cut off smaller pieces of granite countertop
at very reasonable prices. Why not build a rolling
table around that?

I have this one It has storage underneath, including one drawer. Also easy to clean. It's not currently available from Amazon but it still listed by Suncast.

My wife gave me one for my birthday two years ago. She went to a restaurant supply store and got me a stainless steel bus cart on wheels. It has three shelves and works great. Two years outside and it still looks nice.

Griff

Matt, I'm in the process of building a cart. Got the plans from Cherrytree.com. I made some mods to the original. Will have insulated swing out doors on the bottom and a granite tile work top. Will post pictures when done.

Guys, I tried to find it on their site and I couldn't bring it up. I was looking at the plans this weekend. Will get more info for you and post it.

Back