BBQ and Grilling Seminar by Dan Roberts

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was reading the newspaper last night at work and saw that Dan Roberts is doing a BBQ and grilling seminar at a local hardware store in Bettendorf, Iowa this Saturday with free admission from 9am-1pm. Thats only a 10 minute hop, skip, and a jump over the mighty Mississippi for me! In the article there is a Dixie Dust icon next to his photo. Is he a TVWB member? I would assume he is the creator of this rub and have heard some of you guys use this rub with great success. I would also assume there are different Dixie Dust rubs and would appreciate which one(s) y'all prefer.

Brandon,

Dan is a regular on the BBQ FOrum and posts under the name DRPacker. From what I have gleaned Dan works as a USDA Inspector. He seems knowledgeable and I would guess the seminar would be worthwhile.

You are correct, the Dixie Dust is his rub and is the only version I am aware of. I have used it pesonally and have found it to be one of the best commercial rubs I have purchased.

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to this event and stocking up on some Dixie Dust. I saw on the website that it is available in a 1 gallon container. Man, just imagine all of the Q you could rub with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back