Battle I: Eggs Prep Photos

Team Canada
Second set of prep pictures...

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

Probably a couple hours early but I gotta go to bed and I can't post from work...

Is that a grilled orange/lemon ? Nice rise on the bread dough and the seasonings for the ground meat look good.

Go Canada Go

I think it is a grilled lemon #2 kinda hard to identify the spices in the background and WOW that is a nice rise on the dough. #4 Looks like ground pork, salt pepper,garlic, crushed red pepper?, fennel or caraway seed?, oregano? What are we making here?

Maybe a meatloaf on picture 4? Although not sure where the dough would come into play..and what's with the eggs butter and grilled lemon?? Or is that part of the bread dough? Hmmmmm

Wow never heard of a tourtiere, but anything with meat + pie in the same sentence works for me! It sounds and looks delicious

Wow I never heard of tourtière either. Looks good though. Could be. Is that melted butter in pic two? The grilled lemon(?) has me totally stumped. I was initially thinking meatloaf like Tom or maybe meatballs. Some kind of fancy burgers on home-made bread? Ok, I'm just rambling on now. This one has me stumped.

Can you make sour dough bread by adding lemon to the flour and stuff? I never make bread so have no idea but just a thought...

Well looking at it again it's really not the right dough for a tort. There is a dish where you bake a loaf, hollow it out, mix the hollowed portion with the ground meat and spices then restuff the loaf and bake it. It's another French Canadian thing and it is so goooooooood. Torts and this are traditionally made with wild game such as moose, deer and bear meat. Making it with wild garlic makes it taste really good but that is getting hard to come by.

My wife's aunt used to make this with wild game and I loved it, never asked what was in it just so I didn't get the ewwwwwww factor.

Nice to be back after a Week and se this.
icon_smile.gif

(great idea from start Jeff)

Wont comment the food untill i se everything. Good Luck EVERYONE!

Gary new camera? Or did you hire some one
icon_wink.gif

Fantastic pics! Love IT!

Dont care about the teams YOU are Nr # 1 so far
icon_smile.gif

I'm not posting much, but I look at this thread every day, and I must admit that I'm getting more and more nervous.. Such beautiful pictures, and creative ideas (that then are taken)..
icon_smile.gif

I'm really looking forward to round two, and I'm not sure that I can meet the standards shown here. I'll do my best!

This is fun! Keep up the good work.

Back