Barbequed Cake Anyone?

Mark Dawson

TVWBB Member
This was a trial run for my daughter's birthday cake in May. It is a chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese filling. Everyone liked it. My neighbor told me I can throw out our oven. Is there anything this smoker can't do?

Cake

Ok Mark I've got to ask. Curiosity got the best of me. Are you saying you used smoke wood on the cake?

Looks delicious by the way.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Since this was my first cake attempt, I didn't use any smoke wood, just kingsford. I can't taste any difference between this cake and one cooked in the oven even though it smelled like my last butt cook when it was baking.

I don't think it would have hurt to add a small amount of smoke wood since most of the cake is covered with the pan while cooking. I will probably try a little mulberry or cherry chips next time. I make pancakes on my kettle and I enjoy the "campfire" taste that they get. I was hoping for a similar taste with the cake.

Mark

I posted the recipe in the dessert section of this site. I think almost any cake recipe or boxed cake mix will work as long as you can get the smoker to the temperature called for in the recipe. I may even give angel food a try.

Mark

Back