Bar B Que Book Recommendation?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
can anyone recommend a good book on barbquing? I have a Weber gas and Weber 22 inch kettle. at the moment, don't plan to get a WSM, but rather work with my kettle and/or gas. However, a good book may be a nice reference guide as i attempt to develop my bar b quing skills.

You'll find a couple referenced frequently-

Raichlen's How To Grill and BBQ USA;

Ray Lampe's (Dr. BBQ) books;

Paul Kirk; and

Bill and Cheryl Jamieson (sp.).

Raichlen's are geared toward grilling, so you may want to start there if you don't already have a comfort zone.

They rest are advanced courses on the same subject (including BBQ USA).

The legends of Texas BBQ by Robb Walsh is full of pure nuggets of gold hidden in the pages, but you have to pay attention to find them.

I have Raichlen's How To Grill and it seems like most of the techniques in it are well suited to the Webber kettle, and those techniques are explained quite well. IMHO it would probably be a good choice for someone in your situation.

Thanks, went to amazon and order the Raichen's how to bar b q book for $10.50 including shipping. I am pretty good with beer can chicken, thick steaks and bar b q chicken, but the true BarbQuing techniques like slow cooking pork butts and ribs is newer to me. If you have second recommendation that covers the ribs and pork butt, and other slow cooking receipes, that would be good. Hopefully the book i ordered will help too.,

This web site is better than most BBQ books. You can do a search on any grilling or BBQ-related topic and find answers here. Use the "Find" button, then "advanced search" and type in your key word(s).

Most of the info here will be appropriate for your situaiton, even if you are using a kettle instead of a WSM. The only difference is that you will have to monitor a little more often and you will have to feed your fire if doing a pork butt or brisket. If you have the hinged grate on your kettle, adding coals isn't that much of a problem.

Back