Banking coals on Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I always bank my coals to cook indirect on the opposite side of the table. If I bank them on the side of the table will I mess up the table from the heat?

I have done it a few times only to do a burn off of all the crap that settles on that side. Haven't noticed any damage to the table.

hey john, i did indirect to the table side before and all was good with no table damage. The table will be fine.

elmo

I have cooked many times with the coals banked on the table side and no damage to the table or charcoal bin has resulted.

Heat exposure from a single cooking session should not cause any problems. If you bank on the side of the table all the time I can see the repetive exposure to heat might impacting the table over time. I had some issues with a platinum some years ago, but I know Weber changed the table top since then.

Gary

I usually alternate using briquettes. If I'm using just lump I always put it on the side opposite of the table/bin.

I wouldn't worry about it unless your only using lump, stuff burns so much hotter than briquettes.

Banking on that side will not harm the table, its the charcoal bin you need to worry about. Ive seen pictures of a hot lump fire melting the charcoal bin.

I always bank on the opposite side, but not because of this. I dont want alot of ash falling in the gas starter, its a pain to clean
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back