Backwoods party

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

Hi i have a wsm and love it just did a overnight butt 17hrs on one load of kingsford, looking for more cap. and am looking at the backwoods party, is this a good cooker it has a water pan, insulated, with much more capacity i am thinking it will work like my wsm but have the increased capacity, any body have any input? my other option is to buty another wsm for times when i need the capacity, and a guru maybe a jacket for one when doing overnights

thanks jerry

Backwoods makes pretty nice cookers, friend of mine has the comp model with the water set up and it will sit at 225-230 all day without being touched. They are charcoal fired vertical water smokers like the WSM.

Of course you could buy another WSM, a guru and a jacket and still have a few hundred left over vs buying a party.

decisions decisions, the guru jacket was my alternative i can buy a 4 yr old party with stailess doors the good latches upgraded chimney
and guru for 700 i am ate up with indecision new it would run around 18 with shipping with the guru

Back