Asian Style Skewers and Ribs

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
My wife found FRESH unenhanced loinback ribs from Blooms for $1.99lb. She got a couple racks and I asked her to get some more while they're on sale, that's a steal! So her and my daughter wanted ribs and I wanted chicken skewers.

Started out making this marinade and it turned out fantastic. The flavors really came through and complimented the chicken and vegetables perfectly.

Marinade
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Honey
1 - Snack Size container of Pineapple Chunks (for my daughters lunches, lol)
2 TBS - Chili Garlic Sauce
Let the meat marinate for several hours.

Started the grill off with a medium size piece of cherry wood for the ribs.
IMG_5386.jpg

Then added the ribs, that were seasoned only with Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
IMG_5387.jpg

Cooked the ribs indirect at around 350º. Here they are after about an hour and I'm almost ready to add marinated chicken breast for dinners/lunches later in the week.
IMG_5392.jpg

Adding the chicken, yeah yeah, I know it's touching the ribs. All will be fine in the end!
IMG_5400.jpg

Flipped the chicken and it's almost time for the skewers since they only take a couple minutes per side over direct heat.
IMG_5407.jpg

Skewers are ready for the grill. They have the marinated chicken, zucchini, red onion and red bell pepper on them.
IMG_5408.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg
IMG_5410.jpg

Here they are after about 4 minutes and a flip.
IMG_5412.jpg
IMG_5413.jpg

Dinner's ready!
IMG_5418.jpg
IMG_5420.jpg
IMG_5423.jpg

My plate along with Whole Grain Wild and Brown rice and my wife's delicious broccoli salad. They also had baked beans, but they wasn't part of my meal......
IMG_5425.jpg
IMG_5428.jpg

From what I hear.......the ribs were good! She's my best and worst Critic and will tell me when something doesn't taste good, but the ribs got 2 thumbs up!
IMG_5429.jpg

Larry looks great as always
icon_smile.gif

But with all that chicken and kabobs I think you might of had seconds
icon_wink.gif

Mr. Grill Marks,

I must say this is the best looking food/pic post I have seen yet!

Super Awsome job Sir.

icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff_B:
Larry looks great as always
icon_smile.gif

But with all that chicken and kabobs I think you might of had seconds
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, but we did have chicken tortilla pizzas last night out of the chicken breasts!!!

Back