approval from she who must be obeyed :)

Chris Arnold

TVWBB Super Fan
So I was reverse searing a couple of ribeyes at the weekend when my wife said we must have some more folks over during the summer.

That's great I said - but I rapidly run out of grill real estate even when I have both the Performer and Jumbo Joe in action.
I mentioned in passing the forum chat with Kevin Kolman, and how he had 27 grills in his backyard - and she came right out and said

"I don't think you need more than................THREE or FOUR!"
She's a keeper for sure.....

Boy was I chuffed - so now on the lookout for an OTG to host my rotisserie ...

Roll on summer!!!!!!

If you want grill real estate get yourself a 26" kettle, they are awesome just be careful with the legs.

Gary - I'd love to - but my yard is too small.
An OTG I can roll into the garage with my JJ - the Performer lives outside (gets used all year round)

Sounds like you are a grill abuser. The nerve it takes to leave your Performer outdoors! :)

An OTG I can roll into the garage with my JJ - the Performer lives outside (gets used all year round)

Last edited:

Sounds like you are a grill abuser. The nerve it takes to leave your Performer outdoors! :)

If he's a grill abuser. Then I must be a serial grill abuser. My Performer, WSM, Genesis, and SJS stay out all year round. ;)

Thanks guys - the performer stays under a heavy duty Weber cover - so its safe.
And there's no point in putting it away - I'd only have to get it back out again!!!

My two sit outside all year but they're covered and used frequently although since I put the big kettle into service, it does double duty while the WSM observes.

Chris, you are going about this all wrong! "She who must be obeyed"?

In life it is far easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.

Go for it now, 28 grills would look just fine in your yard. Just mix the colors up.

ha ha - after 26 years of marriage, we've both learnt to to give and take - tolerance is key on both sides :)
Already have my eyes on a 2nd Performer, a Red 18 OT and a Blue 22 OT on Ebay in the UK ...

Back