Apple Wood

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello to all members. Can someone direct me to an online distributer of apple wood. I live in Washington State {The Apple Capital) but I cannot find a supplier. I'm afraid I'll go broke by buying it at places such as upscale supermarkets, and home remodeling stores (Home Depot/Lowes}. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Have you considered using pellets? BBQr's Delight makes pellets in about 15 different varieties. I use it regularly in my WSM, much more often than I do chunks, in fact. Just did a tasty smoked salmon using the alder pellets. I would NEVER have found alder around here otherwise. I was lucky enough to be one of the testers when these were first coming out, and have been using them ever since. A BBQ/fireplace store here in the Tulsa area carries all flavors, and I'm a frequent customer. I have ordered from the site, as well, and have gotten excellent service. You can buy 1-use bags, but I usually buy the 10-use bags. Just takes about 1/3 cup for each cook.

BBQr's Delight Smoking Pellets

Have you tried calling an orchard and offering to trade them a slab or two of ribs for a couple of big deadfall or pruned branches? On a WSM, a big branch lasts a LONG time.

Keri C, smokin on Tulsa Time (with alder, cherry, apple, sugar maple, oak, orange, Jack Daniels, mulberry, hickory... )

Titus, welcome...ask around with your co-workers, friends, etc...I've been smoking for a while with free cherry, apple, plum, etc...

I like maple - the first smoked salmon I ever did was with maple, in fact. I've used it on pretty much everything at one time or another. I've used the sugar maple pellets, and I've also used chunks. Seems like there's one kind of maple that I've heard wasn't too great for smoke... silver, maybe? I honestly don't remember. I've slept since then. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

What is a "vine" maple? I've never heard of that before. /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

vine maple is a weed in the northwest...you can cut them down and 5 years later there's a 20 foot tree growing from the stump...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back