Apple, Pecan, and Smoked Cheddar Stuffed Pork Chops

Wow thanks guys! I have been gone for a bit but yeah, I am amazed at how good a juicy pork chop is now. I use to think that lamb was my favorite grilling meat with beef being a close second and pork not even on the radar really. Everything I've had before these had taught me that the only great pork cuts and preps was smoked butts, ribs, with some bacon, liver, and kidney thrown in there every now and again, but man was I wrong. Faster cooking cuts can be dang good if you take some time to get em ready for it. I got a frozen whole pork loin that I bought for the Pork Throwdown that I didn't get to participate in so maybe I can get it to turn out okay too.

I really am impressed with that Walmart pork though and how much marbling it had in it. Anyone else had that good of luck with Walmart pork products? I am going to post up a few pictures here in a bit of a steak cook with just one of the steaks coming from Walmart and how impressed I was with it compared to a local butcher. I thought that Walmart had pretty shoddy meat, but maybe I am wrong on their whole cuts.

Wow dude those look awesome! You stuffed them perfectly. A lot of people overcook chops to where they are dry. I don't brine mine or anything and get normal cuts and they turn out juicy. Also it helps a lot if you glaze them at the end with sauce. Im real impressed with the thick stuffed ones like you did and will have to try that soon as my ladywoman likes things like that. :cool:

Just saw you're an Alabama guy too Marcus! Haven't ever been to Enterprise though.

Wanted to show just how thick these bad boys were after stuffing

ThickStuffedPorkChops.jpg

Back