Anyone using a rolling sharpener?

i use s spyderco triangle sharpmaker. It resets your edge and leaves you with a sharp edge at one of 2 angles. I can see tht this is the reverse. Instead of the sharpening stone being kept stable, the blade is kept stable. Depending on the quality of the Sharpening surface material. This should work and give you a precise and consistent angle.

i use s spyderco triangle sharpmaker. It resets your edge and leaves you with a sharp edge at one of 2 angles. I can see tht this is the reverse. Instead of the sharpening stone being kept stable, the blade is kept stable. Depending on the quality of the Sharpening surface material. This should work and give you a precise and consistent angle.
I have a Spyderco also, I have had it for many years. I think my stones are too aggressive as a couple of my knives have unusual wear on them and that's why I bought the rolling sharpener. I also found a white stone for the Spyderco that is probably the one I need.

Please share your opinion John, I saw an ad for one and thought it looked like a pretty solid idea. There’s one on my wish list as we speak!
After using it for a while, I can say I like it and it's easy to use but for really tall blades or really short blades you have to do some modifications to the sharpening process. For regular knives I use 3-4 passes on each side and then a few strokes on my steel and I have a scary sharp edge.

Back