Anyone tried this?

Richard Hinton

TVWBB Fan
I found a bag of B&B oak lump charcoal in my local supermarket the other day and thought I would try it, especially after continually finding small rocks like this in the Frontier brand had been using.
Any guesses on why there rocks in the charcoal?
Anyone familiar with B&B B&B

You Found A DIME In the Bag??
icon_wink.gif

I have found stones in cheap bags of charcoal, even lump.
Butt I'm not familiar with b+b.
Found stones and ROCKS in Royal Oak many times.

I would take a guess that they use a front end loader to dump the wood into the kilns or conveyer belt.
Figure the wood is sittin in a yard that has gravel,rocks and such and I could see how some of that gets mixed into a bag.
Some of what I found on lump has been pcs of the kiln that has fell off (clay,mortar) which looks like you're pic.
You also have remember that when you cut a tree down it hits the ground hard, any rocks or stones will get imbedded into the trunk.

Tim

i normaly use ro lump and in all the bags i've used i found a small rock in one bag. i assume its just part of the process. now if i found several pounds then i would complain to ro. they have been good about getting you another bag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I also use RO exclusively. 1 bag had several rocks... 2 were the size of my fist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dan,

Rocks that size would definitely weigh more, so they can use less charcoal. Wonder if that is done on purpose?

Ray

I find small rocks in RO lump from time to time but not in every bag. Just think it's part of the process due to any or all of the above. I've never found an "instant" rebate in a bag.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
You Found A DIME In the Bag??
icon_wink.gif

I have found stones in cheap bags of charcoal, even lump.
Butt I'm not familiar with b+b.
Found stones and ROCKS in Royal Oak many times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess that's what they mean by "dimebag".

Back