anyone know what kind this is

Corey Elks

TVWBB All-Star
have a chance to buy for 150. is it worth it?

5I35G85K63K93G83Nac5q99f12e7fe5af1346.jpg

can see it but it has a crank at the top to raise and lower grill. Its like a santa maria style grill i guess. looks like no coal grate. Have to make something or fire would choke itself out right?

I guess it depends on how much grilling you do. Plus without a charcoal grate, I don't know if I would pay the full $150.

Looks like it's in great shape though, I'd offer him $100 if it's a sturdy grill.

If the quality is there I would pick it up for sure! I have a Santa Maria Style grill from Santa Maria Grills and love it. Mine didn't come with a Charcoal grate either so I ordered one, you can cook without one but i would recommend getting one.

For straight up grilling that's my next tool. But understand you won't have the flexibility of use that you will with a kettle or bullet smoker.

It's very specific to grilling. But in that sense it's a perfect design IMHO as you can use what ever fuel you like (wood "sticks", lump charcoal, briquettes). You have easy method to modify the distance from the fire which is key.

That's a nice piece of equipment. You do a nice variety of meets on there. Setup different zones and heights. It would make for a great brazilian style steakhouse meal. thats the only thing that I could think of using it for.

Back