Anyone interested in a chicken only comp in Ca?

ChadS

A local BBQ shop is putting on a contest this weekend. It is in Fair oaks California, it is just a small comp within the Chicken Festival. Three turn ins which include competition thighs according to KCBS, wings any style and an anything goes chicken. After all it is the Chicken Festival, so it's just chicken. The event is this Saturday and I will be there. Just wondering if there is any Brethren or Sistren that would like to come out and do a little comp and have some fun. *Shoot me a pm for details. Gonna be a good day. Live music and BBQ all day!!!!!

i gotta google-map Fair Oaks and Orangevale...sound too far for me. Do have fun tho...sounds like a blast!

Ya Gene, it would be a bit of a drive for you. It is a very cool laidback almost backyard style comp. Should be a ton of fun!

I think I now know WHY your village is having a fun food comp. This just in:

"It is interesting to note that this area is known for its chickens. They run wild all over the village. They inhabit the two small parks in the old town area, and can often be seen fighting, begging for scraps, or roosting on the playground equipment." From Wiki.

So it begs the question...do you buy your chicken from the meat store or just forrage some of the free-range stock??

Now that's funny right there. No we have to purchase our chicken. The locals would frown upon us trying to catch the "pets"

Lets see, the last competition I cooked I placed...
ribs 3rd
Pork 4th
Brisket 9th
Chicken 22nd

Probably shouldn't cound me in on this one.. lol

Back