anyone have experience with back ribs that are 2.1/4 & up and up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
I found some back ribs that I just couldn't pass on because of the price. I can get them fresh or frozen and they come from some pretty big pigs!! They average 2.75 lbs a rack and I'm going to take a crack at cooking 16 of them on two WSMs this weekend for some freiends.

I'm wondering if I will have to add some time onto them or foil them to get tenderness. I had some pork tenderloins from these same pigs and they certainly wouldn't be desctribed as tender! (the tenderloins were at least two pounds a piece)

I was planning on dusting them with some of the few spice mixes I have laying around in the fromthe summer a few in rock river a few in bubbas got a top secret rib rub, and a few in texas rib rangers. Then use the BRITU KC Masterpiece/honey mix on them.

I didnt have time to do a trial run today on a few to see how they would turn out so thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Tom, wow, big back ribs. I've done BRITU and Competition Ribs on WSM. I think these babies will need at least 5 hours in WSM regardless of your method.

I'm a huge fan of the Competition Ribs and the foiling in juice phase. Lately, I've done the foil phase in the oven then the glaze phase on the gasser. Works great, less clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back