Anyone cook on an WSM 1880?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was just given my grandfathers old WSM 1880, the smaller original version of the WSM. Anyone have any experiance cooking on these? Not much room, but kind of cool. Thought I'd see if anyone had any advice.

It's the C model, 1981 in case you were wondering. Still in good shape with no rust, though it's had some good use over the years.

Matt Wood

No experience, butt, you have your self a little treasure there!
icon_wink.gif
Enjoy!

Aw man.....the 1880 is a saftey hazard...do not use it!

Send it imediatly to Anthony G.(Recall Center), Cedar Street, Morgan City, LA 70380. I will refund the postage...that is the least I can do for a fellow VWB member!
icon_wink.gif

If I can save just one life........

Listen Matthew,

Rather than go through the hassle of packing it up and hauling it somewhere to ship it to Anthony, I'm sure I'll be in your neighborhood, so I'll be glad to take it to him for you.
icon_wink.gif

I've got years of experience hauling dangerous goods... and I never lose my way... once I get my hands on it, it will be outta' your hair... no worries... no, really... you can trust me.

Eat well,
Kevinator

ps- Anthony, don't wait up for me.

Matt:
Listen, get out the rock salt for these vultures. I personally am not sure what you have but if these guys are any indication, hang on to it. Now if you really want to be ornery, put it on eBay and see what shakes (hehe). Just be sure to post the auction info here.
icon_wink.gif

Just remember the mantra... "Lo and Slo" and I suspect you will do just fine.

Jus' wonderin'...

What's it worth? I mean, if he did list it, only someone familiar with it would be biddin', so we'd be biddin' against each other for the most part.

I'd like to have one, but I'm not sure what I'd be willing to pay. Is this a $300 dollar item, or $3000?

Can you imagine someone unfamiliar to the Weber scene stumbling across the eBay listing... "Damn, those people are CRAZY!"

Eat well,
Kevinator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin S. (Kevinator):
Is this a $300 dollar item, or $3000?

Can you imagine someone unfamiliar to the Weber scene stumbling across the eBay listing... "Damn, those people are CRAZY!"

Eat well,
Kevinator <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think Matt's looking forward to your bid
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the feedback guys, even if half of it was trying to grab my pit. I'd never really thought of it actually being worth anything. Didn't really have plans to get rid of it anyway. Thought it would be fun to have both a large (once I buy one) and small WSM to play with.

Doing some ribs this weekend. We'll see how it runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back