Any way to completely silence the Smoke X2?

ChadVKealey

TVWBB Pro
I have a ThermoWorks Smoke X2 with the Billows fan and use it for many overnight cooks. The problem is that I'm usually out setting things up at 10-11 PM and just the power on beep echoes through our neighborhood like a fire siren. Anyone know if it's possible to make that device completely silent?

No.

I emailed their tech support and it's not possible.

As a workaround, I stuffed cotton in the edges and sealed it with HVAC tape and it is much quieter, but not silent.

This is on an X4.

20230526_222556.jpg

Yeah, I have those and the Billows too. That beeping makes me crazy. So I turn the volume off. Can't you just turn the volume to zero? This works on both my orginal Smoke and my Smoke X4.

But it still beeps when turning on and scrolling through menus. It’s the only downside to it.

I mute the alarms on Smoke X4 and the remote. I don’t mind the beeps when turning it on and setting it up, it only takes a minute or so.

Yeah, I have those and the Billows too. That beeping makes me crazy. So I turn the volume off. Can't you just turn the volume to zero? This works on both my orginal Smoke and my Smoke X4.
On my X4 I can't turn off the sound when pushing the buttons so adjusting temps beeps like crazy.

Back