Any Issues With Weber's 6 ft. Adapter Hose for Go-Anywhere?

MichaelLC

TVWBB Pro
Don't imagine there's any problems, but wanted to check with you all before getting it.

Seems like it'd be nice to use a 20# tank and not have the little fella hanging off the side, though since I use the GA mainly during camping, now I've got to bring a 20# tank.

So nay problems, or conversely, has it been a major step up?

Don't imagine there's any problems, but wanted to check with you all before getting it.

Seems like it'd be nice to use a 20# tank and not have the little fella hanging off the side, though since I use the GA mainly during camping, now I've got to bring a 20# tank.

So nay problems, or conversely, has it been a major step up?
Probably no issues with the hose. There is an issue with the Q regulator and 20lb tanks.

If you open the 20lb tank too fast it can trip the regulator. The Q regulator is sensitive.

Workaround is open the tank slowly at startup frdor you can remove and bypass the Q regulator and replace it with a regulator hose assembly that you would use for a full sized grill

I use a 5 lb tank for camping. Tank fits in a milk crate, along with a fire ext, hoses and a propane tree that I can mount a lantern on.
Ah, interesting.

I'm a charcoal guy other than these portables, so didn't really think about other size tanks.

Looks like I'd buy a 5# online, then fill it up at like U-Haul?

I use a 5 lb tank for camping. Tank fits in a milk crate, along with a fire ext, hoses and a propane tree that I can mount a lantern on.
Good idea, I just ordered a milk crate from Walmart for $7.48.

I'll put my 5 lb LP tank in it under my Traveler. I hope the milk crate helps the tank from getting chipped by rocks. It will also be good to transport tank when I go to Costco to refill -- no rolling around in trunk.

Last edited:
Ah, interesting.

I'm a charcoal guy other than these portables, so didn't really think about other size tanks.

the place I get it filled has a minimum charge to fill a tank which is about the cost of 4 gallons, so I take a 20 lb ( 5 gallon tank ) to fill when I refill my smaller tank.

Ah, interesting.

I'm mostly a charcoal guy too. I got a Traveler for quick meals at home and camping. Trying to Rotisserie a chicken on it now.

Anyway, I got a couple of 5lb tanks with integrated fuel gauge for a SSP and the Traveler at Costco online for a pretty good price $49.99 each. Also, the Costco near me can refill for a about $3.

I got the 6' hose for my Q I restored, have had no issues at all. But as BPratt stated and I was advised by Bruce, be careful opening the tank slowly first on the Q, then light.

If you buy a new, empty cylinder, it is filled with air that needs to be purged.

You can purge the new tank with a full 20# tank with the proper hose.

All I would have needed really, but all our local Ace had-where wife works-so thats what we got. Discounts speak volumes!

5lb tank ordered, Weber hose has been delivered.

I've got an empty 20# er, so maybe I'll exchange and give the Go Anywhere a try with that.

Thanks for the idea of a smaller tank, really had no idea that was an option.

We recommend letting the hose/regulator pressurize for about 60 seconds after you open the tank valve but before you turn the control knob on the grill. If you don't let the system pressurize first you can "trick" the bypass safety mechanism into thinking you have a gas leak, which will result in low gas flow to the grill.

Here's an article I wrote on the topic back in 2017. #IworkforWeber

Back