ANy good wood sources in North Snohomish or Skagit County WA?

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
The heating place i buy my alder and apple wood out is not getting anymore. I can get hickory and mesquite all the time, but I would like more alder and fruit woods..anyone know anyplace around here to get it?

None that I've seen, I'm in S Sno/Co. There was a place in Snohomish someone mentioned on the board a while back, but when I tried the link provided I got an error.
I got some Apple,Cherry and Pear from Rick Naug at a cooking class last month, very nice folks!
http://www.applecreektimberinc.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisM:
The heating place i buy my alder and apple wood out is not getting anymore. I can get hickory and mesquite all the time, but I would like more alder and fruit woods..anyone know anyplace around here to get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dennis,
I've been looking for a place to get hickory. What's the name of the place where you were getting your wood? Those little bags of hickory chunks they sell at HD get a little pricey after awhile!

Steve

I get my hickory chunks from Wal Mart. They usually carry two different brands here. I found the one in the green color plastic bag that I believe is called Ozark Hickory has the most noticeable and distinct hickory smell. Being sold at Wal Mart means it is priced cheap, but I cannot recall right now what I was paying, but it was less than Home Depot wood chunks.

Back