Another Weber Genesis 1000 restoration

That sounds about right 10 Minutes to get right at 600. The times I cooked on it I used the pci grates. I did find some cast iron grates before I gave away, and I gave him both sets of grates. But I don't know if I cooked on it using the cast iron grates.

But, I remember thinking the distance from the burners to the grate was more than I thought it should of been. But I do remember it cooked chicken and burgers very well with no flare up's.

I know if. Took out both grates and turned one sideways and set it on top of the bars I'd give u a killer sear.

I like how u did the polyurethane, I just rubbed the wood on mine with linseed oil. Yours looks much better.

I only had to get flavorizer bars and went with the 20ga SS from Rivers Edge on amazon. (cheapest I could find in SS)
You did an excellent job, your is more faithful to the original than mine. You are right, the burners are further away than in the newer models with the five flavorizer bars, it would be interesting to measure the temperature of the grates on the two models side by side after, let's say 5 min. and then after 10 min.

Back