Another Success Story

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Fired up the WSM aagin yesterday... Tried a couple new recipes...
Cooked a couple slabs of baby backs... Used the BRITU on one and the rendevous (SP) recipe posted here a few weeks ago... They were both GREAT !!!
Then I tried a couple pork tenderloins (not loins)... Used the Sweet and Fruity Tenderloin recipe in Smoke and Spice... Another real BIG hit with the family...
I do have a question though... The ribs take 4/12 to 5 hours on the top rack, and the recipe for the tenderloin called for 2 -
2 1/2 hours... Do you guys put all the meat on at one time and take the one off when finished, or do you do what I did - put the ribs on first - and when the time came for the tenderloin, put it on... I had the ribs on the top and had to take the rack off to put on the tenderloin... I did this as I was using a mop for the tenderloins and didn't want it dripping on the ribs if I had reversed them...
Any comments?
Thanks,
Gary in AR

Gary
Sounds like you need another WSM. :>
You can drape foil over the ribs on the bottom so the mob doesn't get to them but I find that it will speed up the ribs.
Jim

If you use a rib rack and put it on the bottom left or right side and the tenderloin on the opposite side on the top rack so the mop doesn't hit the rib rack it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back