Another Rib Rack Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just looked at some pictures of the Brinkmann Rib Racks and the spaces to put the slabs of Ribs are even wider than the Weber Rib Racks. The description says to put 2 slabs of ribs in each slot. If you do this, one side of each slab will not be exposed to the smoke and heat. I don't understand this. Why don't they just make a rib rack that has individual slots for single slabs of ribs that will stand them up straight? Maybe I am missing something, but if you have 2 slabs stuck in the slot together, the sides that are pressed against each other will be missing the smoke and heat right?

I just talked to a guy at pitts & spitts and he is going to send me a picture of their rib racks. They are made from steel and have individual slots for each slab and they stand up straight. They are 12" x 12" and hold 5 or 6 slabs each. (He couldn't remember on the phone). They cost $21 each. Is it possible to post a picture of this Rib Rack here? If anybody is interested anyway.

I am in the market for some rib racks, so I would be very interested in seeing the rack you are talking about.
Thanks
Dan

I use the Brinkman racks and forget about placing two racks in one slot. You can do 5 racks without problems, many time we may only do 3 or 4 racks for better smoke coverage and appreance.
I've looked at a lot of higher priced racks and personely can't see the reason for spending the extra money. There are racks out there that run $80.00, would rather spend the money on meat.
Jim

Hi Jim,

How do you get the slabs to stand up almost straight when the slot is so wide?
I thought the reason that the Weber Rib Racks were not as good was because the slots are too wide and the slabs flop over?

When I saw the picture of the Brinkmann Rib Rack, the slot seemed to be even wider than the Weber Rack's slot, so what keeps the slabs from flopping over in the Brinkmann versus how they flop over in the Weber?

The slot seems so wide that you would have to put 2 slabs in to keep them standing up.

I would never spend over $25-$30 for Rib Racks. I have seen those really expensive Racks. But $21 seems fair for welded steel Racks with individual slots for each slab that will stand each slab up straight.

Brinkmann is charging $19.95 per Rack, but I saw them listed for $10.99 at another website.

Once I get a picture of these Racks, I will post a link to the picture.

Weber's racks lean (15 degree angle)and if your cooking spares they end up laying on the rib behind.
I do cook spares more than baby backs and have no trouble finding a rack that will stand up in the brinkman rack. I paid 8 to 10 for the racks.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back