another Q video

Phil R.

TVWBB All-Star
I discovered this video on youtube. [NOTE: it's NOT me].

One thing I have to say is..well, hmm. Not exactly the way I like to do ribs. But I guess to each his own.
icon_smile.gif

As a 25 year rib cooker that video is wrong in so many ways. Meat cleaver? Don't skin them? Saucing them at the start? Why put the rub on. And the worst part for me is they are not trimed.

I usually get hungry when I look at all of our member's videos and pictures of their latest cook.

Not this time at all. I just keptthinking...they look awful. I'm glad I was not invited over for dinner.

Watch the video where he makes rib eye steaks. First of all, his voice makes me laugh, especially with the music in the background. Second, I couldn't stop from quivering when he was handling the raw meat, then dipping his fingers in the salt container (without washing his hands). He then placed the tomatoes on the cutting board where the raw meat is sitting. Honestly, if I was there watching him do that, I would just walk away and leave.

What is he using to handle those steaks? Looks like something you'd pick up trash on the side of the road with, not stab holes in your meat with.

He puts the finished steaks right on the cutting board too, doesn't look like he cleaned it first.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Jones:
What is he using to handle those steaks? Looks like something you'd pick up trash on the side of the road with, not stab holes in your meat with.

He puts the finished steaks right on the cutting board too, doesn't look like he cleaned it first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt, that tool he uses to flip the meat is called a bbq hook. I've seen it used many times at bbq competitions where a lot of steaks are grilled. I am not sure if it makes it quicker to flip the meat, but I have always wondered about losing juices from the meat.

Back