Another early morning cook.

chris comer

TVWBB Super Fan
Butts on at 4:30 am, coffee pot on at 4:45 am, now I'm trying to get motivated enough to clean the house for company at dinner tonight. Weather a little misty here this morning. Maybe I'll just go out back drink a couple of cups of joe , and enjoy the smoke for awhile. Good morning to all.

The morning is cool & moist, not raining but a lot of humidity in the air, which is odd for Colorado. No breeze to speak of, the sun not yet up. I live on a hill in the subdivision, and as I look down into the neighbors yards the smoke from the WSM is hanging there like a fog. Don't know if they will be pissed or jealous when the step out and smell the hickory, but the will certainly know who is to blame.

North of Atlanta the air is warm and moist, and my butts and brisket are cooking nicely. I wasn't up nearly as early as you, however. Mine made it onto the smoker at 6:00, so there's a 50-50 chance we'll have BBQ for dinner. Just depends on how long these decide to take.
icon_smile.gif

60 and sunny in IN this morning, but that's going to change. Rain is coming in, so I fired the WSM under a patio umberella.
Didn't get the butt on till 7:00, but that's alright, it's for the wifes' family reunion tomorrow.
Country style ribs will go on in the PM, for dinner tonite.

Happy smoking to you all!

Funny thing. First, no rain. (Can't ever rely on the weather forecasters!)
All the butts I've done so far, have taken at least 12 hours.
Got the temps steady at 230, and had to leave for a show. Figured I'd be safe, should be back in plenty of time. Didn't have any reservations about leaving the smoker alone, she usally sits right where I leave it, temp wise.
Came home eight hours later (butt has only been on 10 hrs), and the WSM was sitting on 240. Cool. Checked the butt, and it was ready to pull! Couldn't even lift it off of the grate, without it wanting to fall apart. That is what I call timing!
Tried the #5 sauce with it, and I believe it's the best butt I've done to date!

Back