Another cook using Minion's Brisket Method ** with pics**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
Did another overnight brisket cook this weekend in the freezing temps and again used Jim Minions method of cooking the meat fat side down the entire time.

The results were again great. I was getting nervous because the flat felt tough and dry right up until the end, but then became tender at the end and especially after resting. Also did 4 racks of ribs that I nearly destroyed when trying to sauce and finish on the kettle. The coals were too hot and the sauce began to burn a bit.

Unfortunately I was running a bit behind schedule and only got the brisket up to 180 before double foiling and resting. I could tell a definate difference in the meat between 180 and taking it to 190 last time. Everything had a real nice smoke ring and was tasty as usual.

I included a few pics for your drooling pleasure.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbabek

Looks mighty good Jim...
icon_smile.gif

looks awesome Jim ... It's nearly lunch time here and I have some cooked brisket in the freezer. Think I'll heat some up and gaze at your pics some more.
icon_smile.gif

Jim
The rest is where the brisket finishes tenderizing but your not putting anymore heat to it so it keeps the moisture levels higher.

Nice report, glad to see that this method is turning out these results and should be able to time after time.
Jim

Jeff
The difference between 180 and 190 is you are not using the same heat load so more time in the dry cooler maybe needed, but as we can see it does work.
Jim

Jack. I just coated with the cheap yellow mustard and then put on my rub. The recipe is somewhere in the recipe section. For beef I add another teaspoon to tablespoon of cayenne pepper for heat.

I have to say there was a difference in the tenderness between this time and last. I just dont know if it was the temp or the time in the cooler. If I had to guess Id say it was the rest time in the cooler. Like I said I was rushing toward the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back