Another chile verde pork butt

Tye R.

TVWBB Fan
Dear bride is having the daughters over for girls night. They requested chile verde pulled pork. Just pulled the butt off at 162 degrees. Sauces added and it’s back on the Weber until it’s done.

Attachments

• AFC9CDD7-D38A-467D-9D84-634EE5ECFA8E.jpeg
    AFC9CDD7-D38A-467D-9D84-634EE5ECFA8E.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 51
  • 10FBD9AC-3AA5-4A7B-B303-C083CF373C37.jpeg
    10FBD9AC-3AA5-4A7B-B303-C083CF373C37.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 51
Can you tell me more about your background singer, the chicken?
Tim,

The Weber was occupied with the pork butt and dear bride wanted chicken for lunch. It’s almost blasphemous, but the chicken was done on a Charbroil Big Easy. Chicken with garlic and herb spices, and potatoes and carrots roasted at the same time (placed below the chicken to roast in the drippings and a bit of chicken stock).

Tye,
Looks amazing, I want to give you another thank you, because after the first time you posted this I went on a deep dive learning about chili Verde and have made a version of this dish twice and it is amazing. Just cook up some of the frozen left overs last night to go with my first ever attempt at shrimp tacos.

Thanks Michael, it’s a simple but delicious recipe. I think my next cook I may season the butt with fajita seasoning at first and see what that does to the chile verde taste profile.

Thanks Michael, it’s a simple but delicious recipe. I think my next cook I may season the butt with fajita seasoning at first and see what that does to the chile verde taste profile.
Oh yeah, that is something I have done both the times I have made it and love it!

Any chance you would share your recipe? Please Please Please…
Ray,
I aske Tye the first time I saw him make this dish for the same question and he gave me this great response, I want to make sure you got it also!

Then Richard S. and I followed in Tye's footsteps and used this reciepe and OH MAN was it GOOD!!!

I highly recommend a smoked shredded pork chili Verde follow whatever recipe you like as it is soooo good!

Ray,
I aske Tye the first time I saw him make this dish for the same question and he gave me this great response, I want to make sure you got it also!

Then Richard S. and I followed in Tye's footsteps and used this reciepe and OH MAN was it GOOD!!!

I highly recommend a smoked shredded pork chili Verde follow whatever recipe you like as it is soooo good!
Thanks!👍

Any chance you would share your recipe? Please Please Please…
Ray,

The recipe has been posted by others (thanks!!). Pretty simple, and you can substitute items. Instead of green taco sauce I’ve used green salsa with good effect. My bride doesn’t like spicy food (I do), but you can slather the butt in Cholula sauce as a binder (or your favorite hot sauce) to add a bit of heat. My basic rub is a simple salt/pepper/garlic rub. Any non-sugar/sweet rub will work. I’ve found substituting some salt with Lawry’s seasoning salt in some rubs to add a bit of flavor.

Back