Another “ Anyone use this stuff”

ChuckH

TVWBB Super Fan
I diddy bopped into my local hardware store today and discovered they are now carrying B&B stuff. They have B&B lump, briquettes, and char logs. Well I have used both their lump and briquettes and didn’t find anything bad to say about the products. But have never used their char logs, in fact never used anyone’s char logs. Looking for any insight and experience with them. Hoping to hear good things. They are selling it for $20 a 30lb bag. Thanks.

I bought a bag of char logs several years ago when Academy had them on sale. I was using them for grilling and was not impressed enough to change from KBB. And I was too set in my ways on the WSM to try them for smoking.

But I've recently revisited char logs for two reasons. One is to use them in my stick burner, they burn long and hot and will help keep my coal bed going. And I just bought a Masterbuilt MB 560 gravity feed and these char logs are perfect for this smoker. They're best for indirect smoking.

If ya wanna know more about them, there's a rep from B&B on David Bouska's podcast, at about the 10 minute mark he explains how they're made and what their qualities are.

https://www.butcherbbq.com/podcast-1/episode/254870e4/interview-with-ed-reilly-044

Really, this entire podcast has a lot of good info about charcoal.

Back