Amir Timed Temp Control Question...

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
Amir,
In an earlier thread, you suggested this method to ramp up set temps for better control of overshoots,"For now, you can automate it just the same using timed cooking. Simply set two separate targets separated by X minutes."
I just started using your great Stokerlog. How exactly do I do what you suggested? And, while I've got you here, how do I post my Stokerlog on forums? Thanks again for Stokerlog!

Amir,
I don't want to jump onto this thread but I have a program in progress for myself. I want to add a ramp up and/or down capability to it. I, however, can't seem to figure the VB coding out to post temp changes. I have tried with no luck, System.Net.WebRequestMethods.Http.Post. Can you help me out with this problem.

I'm not trying to replace StokerLog. With my program I can ftp my graph to my website.

Thanks
Joe

Think I figured out how to post graphs. I copy the graph as a jpeg, then post it as a pic...is that the best way or is there a better way?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:
Think I figured out how to post graphs. I copy the graph as a jpeg, then post it as a pic...is that the best way or is there a better way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

D, that's correct. Use Excel or a similar application to generate a chart then either save it as a jpeg or copy it to a photo editing program and then save it.
Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:
Think I figured out how to post graphs. I copy the graph as a jpeg, then post it as a pic...is that the best way or is there a better way? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is one way. But a "better" way is to just capture the whole screen so that we see all the parameters. On Windows this is done with Alt-prtSc (printscreen). Hold the Alt key down and then push PrtSc button. This will then put a snapshot of the program in foreground (assuming it is stokerlog). Then start mspaint, paste and the image will be there. Save it as a file and upload it for sharing.

Amir,
In an earlier thread, you suggested this method to ramp up set temps for better control of overshoots,"For now, you can automate it just the same using timed cooking. Simply set two separate targets separated by X minutes."
I just started using your great Stokerlog. How exactly do I do what you suggested? And, while I've got you here, how do I post my Stokerlog on forums? Thanks again for Stokerlog! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just program two temps in the timed control panel, leaving up (quitting it causes it to not work), and then watch it work. If you need the target to be 300, set the first value to say, 270, and then put in a time of 20 minutes and then set the second one to 300.

Currently I do this manually. I start the fire and set the target to 270. Once it gets there then I bump up the temp 10 degree at a time until it is at 300. This way I have finer control but requires being in front of the stokerlog.

Amir, thanks so much for replying. I'll try both ways to see which one works best for me. Sure wish Stoker was set up to make adjustments like this. Is this something that could be incorporated in the software or would it require some kind of hardware change to allow users to make adjustments like this or even blower timing adjustments like ProCom4 allows?

It can be done in software. It needs some careful testing and catching corner cases like the user changing the target temp while the system is also trying to manage it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
That is one way. But a "better" way is to just capture the whole screen so that we see all the parameters. On Windows this is done with Alt-prtSc (printscreen). Hold the Alt key down and then push PrtSc button. This will then put a snapshot of the program in foreground (assuming it is stokerlog). Then start mspaint, paste and the image will be there. Save it as a file and upload it for sharing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Id like to be able to do this,but I don't have MSpaint. Can this be done with MSword?

Back