AMAZING prices in Green Bay area

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

I was on a trip to Green Bay to visit a friend and stopped by a rural butcher shop in Luxemburg.

The following prices were for individually cryovaced steaks and baby back ribs.

black angus ribeyes $6.95/#
large meaty BB ribs $1.79/#

Needless to say, I left after spending $200 and filling two coolers. I think the area in Green Bay has its own supply of local beef and the cost of living is much lower than here in Madison.

I will be stopping by "Otto's Meat Shop" from time to time in the future. If anyone here in Wisconsin takes this tip, just make sure to mention my name to Otto, so I can get in well with him.

Thanks and Good Luck
Troy

Troy, we have a good friend that's going to be doing contract work in Madison for the next 6 - 8 weeks whilst family is here in Tulsa. Any suggestions on places to go, things to do, and good places to eat that I can pass along to him? Contact me offline if you like.

Thanks -

Keri C, Smokin on Tulsa Time

Hi Keri,

Madison has quite a bit going for itself. I'm not sure what type of atmosphere your friend will be looking for, but downtown has a fun scene with plenty of great food. State Street and the Badger fan base is always ready for a rowdy but friendly time.

The music scene is also very active. There are many blues bands playing in the area dives and also many popular well-known bands coming to town.

Madison was recently noted for being, per capita, the most restaurant-filled city in America. You don't have to search very hard for good food. The following is a list of some good starting points for food.

Parthenon (Downtown on State street and my Mom, a UW graduate, still visits every year for the best greek food and gyros in town)

Smokey Jon's BBQ (Packers Ave eastside and the ribs are awesome even though the WSM has taught me to respect my own more)

Delany's Steak House (Grand Canyon Drive on the westside for the best filet steak and bernaise sauce that I have ever had)

I hope your friend has a good time and good luck in Madison.

Troy

. . . and I have to put in a plug for Ella's Deli. State Street has really changed, but Ella's still has good deli food.

There are great places to eat at in madison.I would like to put a plug in for the Capitol brewery in Middleton.It is great beer,and I also highly recomment the Parthenon.HAPPY BBQ<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back