All Genesis not created equal?

Darrel Williams

TVWBB Super Fan
I seem to notice that there is more than one Genesis E-330 and EP-330.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this a variation on what model is supplied to a specific retailer? It seems colors vary by retailer. Reds can be found at Ace hardware, but Ace doesn't seem to have a NG EP-330, only C3H8 (propane).

I think I have noticed that some Genesis models have rod style grates and some have cast iron. Are there any other differences?

Or am I just being caught in a comparison of last-year's model vs this year's model?

I seem to notice that there is more than one Genesis E-330 and EP-330.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this a variation on what model is supplied to a specific retailer? It seems colors vary by retailer. Reds can be found at Ace hardware, but Ace doesn't seem to have a NG EP-330, only C3H8 (propane).

I think I have noticed that some Genesis models have rod style grates and some have cast iron. Are there any other differences?

Or am I just being caught in a comparison of last-year's model vs this year's model?

Weber's NG EP-330 only comes in black and you can get it at Ace HW. Bought mine there late last year.

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10918197

The EP models come with SS rod grill grates and SS flavorizer bars. The E series are just the same only with porcelain enameled cooking grates and flavorizer bars.

Lowes sells an E-330 and an E-310 in a color they call espresso, I have never seen it sold anywhere else. It’s a little darker than the copper color. Also as many already know big box stores like Lowes and HD don’t sell EP’s at all in any color.

Back