All-Clad Pan - Burnt Popcorn Residue - How to clean?

I did the same thing with my cheap Revereware. I used steel wool and it came off. Now I use my 4 qt cast iron dutch oven. Very forgiving and even cooking. I may get one of those whirly gig things but the cast iron is nice.

I eat so much popcorn that I have an old pot that "stays" on top of the stove, much to my wife's dismay, even clean it once or twice a year. I have left it on two long once or twice before myself and had those same black spots. I can put some water in mine and boil it out usually. The bottom got so bad, over dripping etc, years of not cleaning, that I had to sand the crud off with an electric sander.....:cool: As for measuring, never, put in a few tbsp of oil, pour in enough popcorn to fill and bottom, start on high to get it going and turn down to low med. and wait. Once I forgot to put the top on and went to answer the door, and had to bring in a package into the garage, and forgot it......now that was a mess:mad:.............hmmmm, can hardly watch a football game without a bowl of that stuff......................d

Back